Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends...

So, today I got back to the business of grinding, having given up the high varience sport of the Tournement Challange... I returned invigorated. Ready to do battle. A fresh, clean mind.

Hands played = 649
Amount Won = -$67.75
BB/100 Hands = -10.44

Oh yeah, baby! Welcome back to the .50/1 Hell. We're glad you found it fit to come back to us, Shithead.

This day was brutal. Here's an example. I got AKo 11 times. I won with it once and that was a three way split for the huge sum of $0.50. Rock on.

Pocket aces held up once, and fell once to 8Js when he spiked the funky straight.

Pocket Kings 4 times. They held up 3 times, but for a total of $4. That was erased when the table maniac came up with AJs and hit the straight on me against my flopped set of Kings.

The Ladies came up 3 times and fell hard each and every time.

I got AQo 10 times, and it seemed like every time I got them, a K would flop. Without fail. It was unreal.

This whole day was unreal. I HAVE to get out of this 50/1 version of the 9th Circle that I'm in. The inplicit collusion at those tables will just kick your mother loving ass six ways to Sunday. I might as well play blindfolded for all the good it would do. Raises get zero respect. I can't tell you how many times I raised with AKo and ended up called down 5 ways with such illustrious holdings as 37s.

I can't make this stuff up.

Words cannot describe it. I guess it's just a complete and utter lack of ability to give even 1/16th of a fuck right now. I have the feeling like there is no escape from this God aweful level of play. I got to the point where I would lose to some complete bullshit rivered hand and I wouldn't even flinch. Whatever. Lost again. Big surprise.

That's a bad way to be.

2 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds a bit trite, but remember, every time someone truly sucks out on you, they are making a bad play. Bad plays are -EV for them in the long run, and +EV for you. We MUST remember the long run, particularly with the obscenely bad play at the low limit tables. It has become my mantra ... "I love this guy. The other 4 times he makes that call, he pays me off." As lame as it sounds, it has helped me to balance the bad times by thinking this way. And those are the same guys who pay off my nut flush all-in bets with two pair.

Of course, you need to be careful that this doesn't become an excuse for not getting away from hands when you know you are beat. At the .5/1.00 tables, you need a pretty good reason not to get away from AK when the flop doesn't hit you. Someone is bound to have paired up. And they'll call your bet either way, so you gain no knowledge by betting and have a good chance of being behind anyways.

Anyhow, enough rambling. Patience grasshopper. :)

tp. (http://www.provick.ca)

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger The ICP said...

Thanks for the kind ones! Indeed, I found myself chasing some things I had no business chasing. 50/1 is certainly the realm of "autopoker". If you hit, you continue. If you miss, you muck. Creativity gets you nowhere, and reads are more dangerous then good.

I'm just fed up with using red colors on my blog... I really would like to start using green more often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home