Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Party Hard

Well, I should be playing cards right now in the Lucky Dollar tourney.

I'm not.

The fun started with a little notice that the multi-table servers were down until 11:30 EST. The tourney was supposed to start at 11:00. A call to their help line told me to go away until 12:00 EST. So, I get back and sure enough, the tourney is there... But it's in some sort of damn fool limbo. Finally, the noon hour rolls on by and no option to take my seat and begin punishing people. WTF, Gus?

Then a little message comes up and tells me to go away until 3:00 pm EST.

It's a good thing I don't have anything else to do today!

The wife has agreed to watch some friend's kid for the evening. I'm going to have to hole myself in here now to play the fooking tourney, which is something I desperately don't want to take the flack for. That, and if I do, by some grace of God, win the damn thing, it qualifies me for the fifth round of semi's for the Party Poker Million cruise. Trouble is the tourney is over the 2nd - 4th of January.. And, of course, I have to work.

I honestly don't think I'll win this thing, but if I do, I suppose I'll just have to burn that bridge when I get to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home