Saturday, March 19, 2005

Truth In Advertising

This month thus far, I've played 780 hands of .50/1 limit poker, and for that work, I'm up around $35.

Yesterday I was getting spanked early with some outdraws and quickly found myself down 10BB. I was getting annoyed with this so I took my $15 that was left and headed to a 25 NL table... In 70 hands I had won around $35.

Go figure.

Back when I was playing before many of the fellow bloggers encouraged me to dip a toe into the no limit tables, extolling the fishiness I would find within. The table I sat down at last night was rather tight, but the nice thing about NL is you have much more flexibility to play the game according to the table texture. Since the table was tight, I loosened up a little bit and was able to gank some small pots here and there when I figured no one else wanted to play. Once I had a little bank to where a play wouldn't see me pot committed so soon, I was better able to put people to decisions.

Anyway, it was fun. I still don't know if I want to head over there as my staple game, but last night certainly was good for the confidence. I'm still not in the "comfort zone" with my bankroll yet for 50/1, but this certainly helped out a bit.

3 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Good to hear that you have taken a chance on NL Holdem. At the very least, you have a 2nd game to switch to when your limit holdem game is getting stale. Good luck.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I have made the switch and enjoy NL much more right now. I may switch back but not right now.

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have an online poker site with some original articles related to multiplayer poker that your blog readers may find interesting - here's a sample article:

Poker Money Management - Don't Make These Two Common Mistakes!
Here we will give you some general guidelines on poker money management and the two most common errors that players make, that increase the odds of ...

multiplayer poker


Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home