Tuesday, December 16, 2003

No Whammies!

Anyone remember that stupid game show "Press Your Luck"? Oh well...

Yesterday was chock full 'o' sit and go goodness.

Except it wasn't all that good.

I played 9 of them yesterday. Managed the following:

$5+$1 Sit and Go -- Finished 4th -- -$6
$5+$1 Sit and Go -- Finished 3rd -- +$4
$5+$1 Sit and Go -- Finished 5th -- -$6
$5+$1 Sit and Go -- Finished 1st -- +$19
$5+$1 Sit and Go -- Finished 4th -- -$6
$5+$1 Sit and Go -- Finished 3rd -- +$4
$5+$1 Sit and Go -- Finished 4th -- -$6
$5+$1 Sit and Go -- Finished 7th -- -$6 -- +headache
$5+$1 Sit and Go -- Finished 4th -- -$6


Total take for the day = -$12

That stinks... I seem to be mired in 4th place finishes, and most of the problem stems from the fact that, in the $5 games, I end up at an average of T1000 chip deficites against the rest of the pack. Seems that my tight solid play up that that point gets me to striking distance, but by then all the crapshooters have accumulated chip mountains and they proceed to sit and wait for me to bust out. I basically have to pick a spot and hope I get the cards, since by then the blinds are big enough where sitting and waiting for a decent hand ain't gonna happen.

I'm not going to say that the tables are especially "tighter" on Mondays, just that the combination of "rocks" and "The System" players makes for a difficult tourney to make money in.

I'm tossing around the idea of doing a $5+$1 multi-table today, but I'm just not sure... I can't help but think the return on investment would be small. Still tossing that one around.. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home