Friday, December 12, 2003

" I don't believe this! I've got a trig midterm tomorrow, and I'm being chased by Guido the killer pimp."

Joel, you wanna know something? Every now and then say, "What the fuck." "What the fuck" gives you freedom. Freedom brings opportunity. Opportunity makes your future.


Miles, Risky Business


Luck has a lot to do with how successful one is in poker, in the short term. After all, you can be the best player in the world, but if you never get the cards to win every once in a while, you're still going to lose. The Excellent poker player stands out as one who doesn't necessarily win when the cards dry up, but rather how to lose less then everyone else.

It's no secret that, for the last two weeks, my luck has been anything but good. This happens. The real question becomes, how have I controlled the losses? Let's look at the numbers.

When the slide started, I had around $106 in my Party account. This was about two weeks ago. In that time, I was steadily losing on the .50/1 tables, and got to about $50 by the end of week 1. At this time, as an experiment, I added $50 to the account for the purpose of trying the $1/$2 tables. This, as you know, was a complete failure, and at the end of that session alone, I was down to $61. By the end of week two, after some more beatings on the 50/1 tables, My account hit the bottom at approximately $35.

Then something happened... Something wonderful. I ceased caring.

Well, sort of.. I also gave up on the ring games for now and went to tourneys...

After a rough starts with those, I was perplexed as to why I couldn't enjoy the sort of success I was having back when I first started playing them... So I went back to the basics, with a few changed put in from what I've learned from others I've worked with.

Todays results:

$5+$1 Sit and Go: 5th place -$6
$5+$1 Sit and Go: 1st place +$19
$5+$1 Sit and Go: 2nd place +$9
$5+$1 Sit and Go: 2nd place +$9

Net: +$31.

So, sometimes, you just have to say, "what the fuck", and make your move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home