Thursday, July 22, 2004

Forward In Reverse

Well, again, is seems like I'm stuck in some sort of rut just short of a milestone.  This happens entirely too regularly.

I sat down this morning for a nice short session of poker.  Three and a half hours later (7 hours of table time), I get up $1 richer.  Actually, I'm glad to have gotten away with that, and frustrated all at the same time.

It started out well enough.  After about 40 minutes of spinning my wheels, I caught fire and was up $15 on one table and about $10 on the other.  I immediately thought about quitting, but these tables were ripe for the taking, so I stayed put.  For the next hour the cards dried up and I slowly bled down to my buyin on one table and stayed about $10 up on the other.  Then the cards started coming again....  But this time was different.  I got brutalized with river suckout after river suckout.  Absolutely nothing would hold up and in the order of 30 minutes I was looking at putting the last of my chips in the middle on the formerly even table, and I was down to my buyin on the "better" table.  I was kicking myself a ton for not getting out when I was way up.. Now I was about $20 down.  I managed to scratch (and I do mean scratch) my way back to even.  I was actually up again by about $10 but the suckout monster returned and I quickly made good my escape before I went down for the last time.

So, there it is.  So close to the requisite 300BB I need for the $1/$2 level, but not quite there yet.  I'm also trying to figure out how I want to go about going into the $1/$2 games.  I'm toying with the idea of playing one $1/$2 full table and one $.50/$1 full table, or playing one $1/$2 6 MAX table.  I guess two $1/$2 full tables could go in the choices too, but I might feel a little intimidated by having that much cash in play, though technically speaking it's not all "at risk".  I seem to have good luck on the shorthanded tables, but the swings are bigger and I think that I can exact a better BB/hr rate at the full ring tables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home