Sunday, October 30, 2005

Book Smart

"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self-awareness." - Annie Savoy - Bull Durham

So, as some of you know, I work in the public sector now. Since crime never sleeps, neither do we. For this month and the next two I get to do the midnight shift. Undeniably the hours suck hard, and sleeping until 4 in the afternoon is something I haven't done since college! The nice thing about this shift though is, generally, things are slower, so I get time to work on other things.

I've decided to dedicate some of this time to trying to study some more about my poker game. I'm beyond the training wheels at this point, and it's time to start polishing my game. Yes, I'm still in the mini-limits, but that is more a function of bankroll then skill, I believe. Besides, low limit poker isn't an excuse to play sub-par poker. Anyway, I dove into Brunson's tome last week and have been studying diligently. I'm still just scratching the surface, but there are many things in there already I hadn't considered, and have striven to apply these new found nuggest of wisdom into my game.

Perhaps the most profound, and really one I pretty much knew but never really paid attention to, is patience. I'll dive more into this in later posts...

The Sit and Go Challenge is now 53 hands into the $5-$1 level. Today was a good day, booking two wins to really bolster the roll.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home