Thursday, December 18, 2003

I Called an All In Bet With Top Pair Ace Kicker and All I Got Was This Lousy 9th Place Finish

Weeee.

Let me take this time to mention that I hate stupid people. We all do... What really spools me up though are stupid people who feel it necessary to analyze my play after they beat me.

But first, we go to yesterday's work...

$10+$1 Sit and Go -- finished 6th -$11
$10+$1 Sit and Go -- finished 4th -$11
$5+$1 Sit and Go -- finished 1st +$19
$10+$1 Sit and Go -- finished 2nd +$19

Total take = +$16

A decent day. I went down to the $5 sit and go as I was getting frustrated and felt that it was going to be a chip bleeding day. Turns out I was wrong.. Would have been nice to put that 'W' up in the $10 sit and go, but I'll take them any way I can get them.

Today was sort of a different story, though it started well enough. Let's go to the score board.

$10+$1 Sit and Go -- finished 2nd +$19
$10+$1 Sit and Go -- finished 3rd +$9
$10+$1 Sit and Go -- finished 5th -$11
$10+$1 Sit and Go -- finished 9th -$11

Yes... Don't adjust your monitor. 9th place. I suck like few have sucked before.

Bottom line is, I got sloppy, but not THAT sloppy.

----------------------------

30/60 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 1630749) - Thu Dec 18 12:55:43 EST 2003
Table Card Room Table 3553 (Real Money) -- Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: darkhelmet (490)
Seat 2: califsun44 (1255)
Seat 4: topanalyst (515)
Seat 5: jetsboy99 (1870)
Seat 6: imcg1 (790)
Seat 7: GoFigure (410)
Seat 8: ant731 (480)
Seat 9: pljenkins (740)
Seat 10: corkscrew53 (1450)
darkhelmet posts small blind (15)
califsun44 posts big blind (30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to pljenkins [ Qh, Ad ]
topanalyst calls (30)
jetsboy99 folds.
imcg1 raises (60) to 60
GoFigure folds.
ant731 calls (60)
pljenkins calls (60)
corkscrew53 calls (60)
darkhelmet folds.
califsun44 calls (30)
topanalyst calls (30)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Qc, 8c, 9h ]
califsun44 checks.
topanalyst bets (455)
topanalyst calls all-In.
imcg1 folds.
ant731 folds.
pljenkins calls (455)
corkscrew53 folds.
califsun44 folds.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Kd ]
** Dealing River ** : [ 2d ]
Creating Main Pot with $1285 with topanalyst
** Summary **
Main Pot: 1285 |
Board: [ Qc 8c 9h Kd 2d ]
darkhelmet balance 475, lost 15 (folded)
califsun44 balance 1195, lost 60 (folded)
topanalyst balance 1285, bet 515, collected 1285, net +770 [ 8s Qs ] [ two pairs, queens and eights -- Kd,Qs,Qc,8s,8c ]
jetsboy99 balance 1870, didn't bet (folded)
imcg1 balance 730, lost 60 (folded)
GoFigure balance 410, didn't bet (folded)
ant731 balance 420, lost 60 (folded)
pljenkins balance 225, lost 515 [ Qh Ad ] [ a pair of queens -- Ad,Kd,Qh,Qc,9h ]
corkscrew53 balance 1390, lost 60 (folded)

---------------------------------

Now, admittedly, there is a huge hole in this play. I did have top pair top kicker, so I wasn't completely unjustified in call this down. My thinking was, he didn't make any sort of raise that would indicate a big pocket pair. The board certainly wasn't threatening a top pair top kicker play, and this guy has a loose/agressive table image that I could see, so I called him down.

So I guess I'm an idiot. However, here's the fun part... Table bantor!

topanalyst: why did you call pl? you weren't that strong
pljenkins: because I wasn't expecting you to have Q8o?
pljenkins: I had top pair at the flop.
topanalyst: why would go all in on lesser
pljenkins: You tell me... First time I've played with you.
pljenkins: And you went all in.. I called you.

Why would I go all in on lesser? Huh? Yeah, those Q8 offsuits are monsters pre-flop. Can't imagine why I wouldn't cold call a raise with that! But bottom line, I jumped into the fishy pool for that game. I eventually went out when my AQc fell to A9h when he made the heart flush. Unlucky twice, but I had no business mixing it up with those guys that early, I admit. Don't know what motivated me to do that, except that the table was playing at a glacial pace. Logic would have dictated firing up UB and playing some .25/.50 ring to kill the time it took for the guys with the WPT drama music going off in their heads to make a move. Oh well... For being completely out of the poker 'zone' today, I still managed to bag a $6 profit from the day, so even though I stunk up the joint, it wasn't a complete loss...

I've been thinking some more about this Bloggers Tourney we've been tossing around. Geez, I really wish there was a way to get together and play a live game. It would be great to meet a bunch of you out there, but we are most definately scattered around the globe, and in the short term it would prove a logistical nightmare. Anyway, for the online tourney, I'm thinking we'll have to make it cheap.. First of all, it's supposed to be fun, and if I sink a significant portion of my still-small-though-recovering-nicely bankroll into the game, it won't be fun, it'll be terrifying. Especially since I fully expect to be outclassed. Maybe a $10 buyin no-limit game or something would be good fun and not painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home