Friday, September 10, 2004

Statistical Anomaly

So for the last couple of days I've gotten the impression that I can't get anything going, and any time I think I might I get brutally beaten down.

Turns out I was right. Took a peek at my stats and in the last two days I've dropped about 60BB in roughly 4 table hours of poker.

Today alone saw a 40BB or so slide. I effectively busted out of a table again (down to my last $0.13) and lost about $5 to $10 on the other 3 tables. Over 300 hands and I won 2 percent of the hands. Craptastic.

I've been getting the bug to just say "what the fuck" and make my move to the $1/$2 tables, but I know that would be foolharty at this point. I gotta stay the course and ride this out to the requisite 300BBs for that level. It's just frustrating to see so many decent hands either completely shank (most of what happened today) or get beat on the river (happened enough today, but not unusually often). It's just the Hell that is 50/1 getting its revenge on me, but it'll turn around.

Tomorrow's another day.

4 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

That sucks. I hate running bad. Just make sure your not doing anything to make it worse, like going up levels, or getting anxious with the cards and playing marginal hands because you want to make it back. Do not worry you will get back to your winning ways!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger The ICP said...

Today wasn't much better. Lost a made flush to a rivered house, a made flush to a rivered quads and two pair lost twice to big better.

U.G.L.Y. it ain't got no alibi...

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I had a nice 8 over 6 boat beaten by a Q over 6 made on the river. It was tricky to read because the idiot never raised his Q's. Oh well. Heh. Go take your bad beats and enter my contest.. heh.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger c_peligroso said...

make the move to 1/2 - your sanity and your bankroll will appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home