Tuesday, August 31, 2004

24 Hours In A Day...

...is not enough for everything I want to do.

I haven't abandoned blog. Just not much really going on. I've been playing copious amounts of poker, and have been getting some horrendously bad beats laid on me, but even so I have managed to make some gains. I countinue to play without reference to my stack and only take a look at my progress every couple of days to see where the bankroll stands. It's helping some now, but I figure it will help me even more not to know what my stack looks like when I get into the higher limits.

I was playing 4 tables last night and about 20 minutes into it I look and see SirFWALGman sitting there. Funny thing is, I had played against him before and hadn't realized who it was, but it struck me this time and I mentioned it to him. He, likewise, didn't seem to know who I was until I mentioned it. The table we were at was pretty weak so he and I were pretty much running over it. He invited Doubleas over to play and it got interesting. It was refreashing playing with some good players! At one point we got to talking about stacks. I was apparently treading water at that point, but of course my stack was covered so I didn't rightfully know. We played on for a while and at the end Gman said I did well, so I took a peek and indeed I was up around 20 or 25BB on the table. The nice part about THAT was, that wasn't my most profitable table. I got up almost 45BB on the other one, including this winner of a hand...


Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: The_ICP is BB with Th, Kh.
UTG calls, 1 fold, UTG+2 raises, MP1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, The_ICP calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9h, Jh, Ah (6 players)
SB checks, The_ICP checks, UTG bets, UTG+2 raises, MP1 folds, CO calls, SB folds, The_ICP calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10 BB) Tc (4 players)
The_ICP checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 bets, CO calls, The_ICP raises, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, CO folds.

River: (15 BB) Qh (2 players)

The_ICP bets
, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Main Pot: 17 BB, between The_ICP and UTG+2. >

Results:
The_ICP shows Th Kh (Royal flush, ace high).
UTG+2 shows Js Jc (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: The_ICP wins 17 BB.

Third time ever! And I got some action on it. What more could a growing bankroll ask for?

6 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

It was excellent playing with you! Thanks for the complement of calling me a good player. I appreciate it. I however have to totally disagee that it is better to play with good players! Bah! Give me the fishies anytime.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Blu said...

So do you play under The_ICP on PP? I'll have to look for you next time I play. I play under BluMK...

Blu

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger The ICP said...

Sure do... Be easy on me!

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog. This is useful information.extra money
Really great to get to the heart of this stuff extra money

 
At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've got an online poker site covering winning strategies with some original articles related to world poker that your visitors may be interested in - here's a sample article:

Poker Books - Five of the Best for Big Poker Profits!
Poker is fun, exciting and appears deceptively simple; so many players just jump in, play, and promptly lose their bankroll. If you are new to poker ...

world poker


Thanks

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey good post. Look at my site if you can. Thanks! ms money

 

Post a Comment

<< Home