Saturday, April 03, 2004

Blogging Drive-By

This is a sort of hit-and-run post. It's late. I'm at work, and Chicago ATC has sucked at a legendary level this evening. Christ almighty, I had one flight hold at three separate points along its route! When the announced the fourth hold we finally diverted to Milwaukee for gas. Now, it gets better. Close your eyes and imagine you're a passenger. Make it even better, imagine you're a passenger who is connecting to a flight in Chicago. You get on the airplane, the push back, taxi out and then return to the gate when ATC tells them, "oops, just kidding, you can't leave for another 2 hours". Weee.... Finally, two hours later, you pile back onto the plane and blast off for...

55 total minutes of holding at 3 different parts of the route, only to finally have to divert to Milwaukee. Now, smart money says get off the plane, onto a bus and be in Chicago in an hour and a half...

Nope. That bus left 15 minutes before you got there... So, you elect to stay on the plane, which they announce will be fueled and on it's way in 15 minutes. Sure enough, 15 minutes later you're taxiing... To a holding point in Milwaukee where you get to sit for an hour and 15 minutes waiting for a slot into Chicago. Finally, 4 and a half hours after you were supposed to have arrived, you land in Chicago.

Your connecting flight left hours ago.

Now, imagine this all happening in a CRJ. I think I'm going to buy some stock in Amtrak.

Felicia's weekly Blogger tournement fires back up for another round tomorrow... Another round I get to miss. Starting in May, though, I'll have Sundays off, so hopefully I can start making an appearance at these events...

I've noticed that I am missing off the list of bloggers who have either registered or not registered for the tourney. I know I've been slacking, but I didn't think I was doing that bad!

No poker content this go-round. Can't think of anything to say, and I haven't played any poker in the last two days. I'm trying to figure out what to do about this whole working nights thing. I'm usually too wiped when I get home to even think about sitting down for a session of poker, and it's usually after midnight anyway and prime time has come and gone. As I've mentioned earlier, the late morning/early afternoon time slot I can play in, though still profitable in the long run on 50/1, is an unknown in the 1/2 arena. I would imagine if my summation of how the games break down still holds true, 1/2 in the afternoons would be downright tough. Perhaps I'll just have to give it a shot and see what happens. Or play 50/1 in the afternoons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home