Sunday, May 23, 2004

Hour 56

I live in Hell.

It's May. Moreover, it's late May.

It is currently 46 degrees outside. That's 9c for you Euroreaders out there.

That's not just chilly. Or somewhat brisk. That, my friends, is fooking cold! It's a shame I didn't get that job in Phoenix, where it is 86 degrees. Of course, then in August I'll bitch about how my car simply melted into the pavement on the 55th consecutive day of 110+ degree temperatures. Hell it's even 71 in Chicago right now. Take out a gun and shoot me.

So, I finally get a day off tomorrow. I think if I had to work tomorrow I'd just sit here with a blank stare on my face and drool. I'm so completely cashed. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with said day off. Poker just right frustrated the hell out of me today. I really am at a complete loss as to why I can't make the score in the $20+$2 game. I honestly don't see any different play from the $10+$1 level. Maybe a touch tighter. I really think the problem has been that I haven't been able to get cards, and when I do get a decent hand, someone has a better one. I guess some some of tomorrow will be spent studying my $20+$2 games to try to figure out what I've been doing wrong, if anything. It really doesn't feel like I'm making stupid moves... Just that I'm unable to actually make moves. Research will bear out whether this is because I don't have the hands to make the moves or I don't have the stones to make the moves.

The Wife managed to scam work off tomorrow... This is a good thing, since I haven't seen her in so long I'm beginning to forget what she looks like (good thing I have a picture of her in my wallet). The bad thing is that this typically cuts into my poker playing... Though that might not be such a bad thing. I could probably use a little break. Maybe I'll get bold and play another multi-table.

BTW, congrats to the Poker Nerd, who scored 3rd in a $20+$2 multi table to bag $1.5Kilobucks. I gotta get me some of that action.

1 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've got an online poker strategy site with some original articles related to texas hold em poker that your blog visitors may find interesting - here's an article extract:

Five Common Poker Mistakes that will Lose You Money!
These five common poker mistakes are made especially by novice players who do not prepare themselves properly and think winning at online poker is ...

texas hold em poker


Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home