Thursday, May 20, 2004

...And The Winner Is...

Okay... I think no one else has anything to add, seeing as my 3 readers have chimed in on this whole "This Is A Test" post... So, here's how it went.

I folded.

Which, I think was probably at that point the wrong thing to do. I was pretty pot committed at this point, and my Post Oak betting was certainly showing weakness, so he could be coming over the top with just about anything. What I should have done was fire out a big bet on the turn and if he calls I'm pretty sure I'm in trouble. If he re-raises, I'd have to release this. The other move would be to check the turn and see what his reaction is. If he's strong he'll bet. If he's not, he may suspect a trap and check behind. That leaves the river, and since I had TPTK at that point, the big bet would have to go out there.

In any event, not the greatest position to be in, but really the only thing I lose to is a 2, pocket pairs that set on the board or are bigger then 99, or two pair (which I have to discount because the board is crap.. what would he limp with that he caught with, if not a pocket pair?). In any event, I'm pretty pot committed here. I either have to pull the trigger and push on the turn or get out of the hand. Weakness gets you nowhere.

4 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Paul,

Figured I'd respond to you directly at your blog. I just use HTML tables for my charts. If you have Microsoft FrontPage (or some other point and click HTML editor) you can use that if you don't want to write the code yourself (it's pretty easy to learn) here is a tutorial to get you started. http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp

Peace,
Jason (pokerodyssey)

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason,

Thanks! I'll look into that. Actually what I was most interested in learning was your "trend" chart (the one you have broken down my month... the squigggly line thing...how to describe).... this one..

http://www.pokerodyssey.com/img/2004.gif

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL sorry for the confusion. I use a graphing program. It's free from download.com

Here's the link for the program:
http://download.com.com/3000-2053-10154791.html?tag=lst-0-3

Peace,
J

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across you blog and thought you may find this site usefull. It has gas saving tips and where to find cheap gas. free ares download

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home