Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Well... That Was Interesting...

Looks like Blogger changed... everything. Took me a few minutes to realize that I was in fact AT blogger. Now that I've had some time to play with the new interface, it's kind of cool... Kind of.. I don't like the idea that I cant' readily scroll down to my previous posts, but I'll get over it.

I've been thinking much about my tourney play. More specifically, that I have been doing a lot of either winning 1st or busting out well before the money. This is different from my other results, which have me doing a whole bunch of busting out in 4th. So what's going on here?

Well, since the last time I've played sit and goes I've done a little research and thinking. Believe it or not, there is some valuable information on Two Plus Two, even if it is issued in a "I bore of this conversation, take this information and begone, knave" sort of delivery. That multi-table tourney I played in a little bit ago was quite an eye opener too. It taught me how to deal with a full table, reinforced paying attention to position and respecting raises.

Up until recently, I played these low buyin sit and goes with the tactic of effectively posting and folding for the first three levels and starting to play cards once the maniacs have either knocked each other out or one survives with a monster stack. The only problem I found with that was I almost always ended up the short stack with 4 or 5 people left. With the blinds up at 50/100 and me down at or below T600 in chips, Any play was basically an all-in proposition. Unless there were still some piss poor players in, I'd either win the blinds or get called by a better hand and have to draw out. I've adjusted a little bit. I'm still hiding for the most part in the lower levels, but I'll start to wake up after one or two people have been knocked out and play good starting hands if I have position. I don't seek to make all or nothing bets, only to build my stack by a couple of hundred and get myself in position to make meaningful bets later in the game without needing to go all-in.

This probably explains the early bust outs and wins, though I'm surprised I'm not scoring 2nds or 3rds. I'm sure it'll even out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home