Sunday, May 16, 2004

Would You Like Fries With That?

Weekends suck my sweaty... Well, they suck, that's for sure.

Well, today was the disaster I expected would happen. From the start of this little challenge I was pretty much right on par. ITM was 45%. The big winnings came from those 1st place finishes.

Today started with an infuriating loss at the one $22+$2 table I played. We're down to 4 and, of course, I'm the damn short stack (which I spent pretty much the whole day at) and this happens.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter

SB (t2865)
BB (t1850)
ICP_LoserBoy (t1250)
Button (t2035)


Preflop: ICP_LoserBoy is UTG with 2d, Ad.

ICP_LoserBoy raises to t1250 (All-In)
, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls t850.


Flop: (t2700) 7s, 8c, 5s (2 players, 1 all-in)


Turn: (t2700) Kd (2 players, 1 all-in)


River: (t2700) 3c (2 players, 1 all-in)


Final Pot: t2700
Main Pot: t2700 (t2700), between BB and ICP_LoserBoy. > Pot won by BB (t2700).

Results:
BB shows As 7d (one pair, sevens).
ICP_LoserBoy shows 2d Ad (high card, ace).
Outcome: BB wins t2700.


Pull out a gun and shoot me. Of course, pushing with A2o is always dangerous, so this certainly doesn't qualify as a bad beat, but after working so hard to get there it was a real buzzkill.

I don't know what the hell is up with the last two days. I think there's a definate change in the players on Party. On the weekends it seems that the play gets trickier and, dare I say it, better. Pretty much all the tournements I played in today we were still 7 or 8 at the table well into Level 3. Being the short stack on a table as tight as these were is a recipe for losing, and I did that very well, thank you.

$20+$2 - 4th - -$22
$10+$1 - 2nd - +$19
$10+$1 - 5th - -$11
$10+$1 - 7th - -$11
$10+$1 - 5th - -$11

Total for the day, -$36.

I'm staying the fuck away from these things on the weekends. Probably won't play these in the evenings either, since the same crowd is around. Maybe I'll go hit a ring game during those times.

I'm having a hard time trying to interpret the tournement information that is presented in PokerTracker. I mean, it's great for figuring out your statistics, but for hand analysis it seems a little more clunky then trying to dissect a ring game. I guess I should write down key hand numbers and review them later in PT to find out what's going on. I honestly don't know. If I were to guess, I'd say that today was a whole lot of crap cards and those that I did get either didn't hold up post-flop or were unable to continue due to pot odds.

I also have an extremely hard time dealing with Super/System clones. Perhaps it was just the bad run of cards, but I felt like Mike Tyson vs. Holyfield. I couldn't make a move at all without getting spanked, it seemed.

Very frustrating day of cards.

I am 1 week + 1 day into the challenge, and, even with todays schooling, I'm still in decent shape.

I've played 23 tournements. 21 $10+$1 and 2 $20+$2.

I've placed 1st 5 times, 2nd 3 times and 3rd twice for a "finish in the $" precentage of 40%. A few points on the low side of what I'm averaging, but it's a small sample size.

My VP$IP for all levels is 17.35%, and I win the showdown 57% of the time.

I have an aggression factor of 2.53.

If you guys want, I can put a summary into PDF format and link it up for you all. Let me know if you'd be interested in this, and I'll figure out how to make it happen.

In the mean time, comments?

2 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger The ICP said...

This is nice... Blogger shit itself and ate almost all of my template.. Of course, I was too stupid to check to make sure everything was fine before saving. Stupid stupid stupid...

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new format. Your ITM percentage is good, so I wouldn't worry too much about one or two unlucky tourneys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home