Thursday, May 13, 2004

Recurring Theme

Three more sit and goes today.

$10+$1 - 6th - -$11

This was the death of me...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (8 handed) converter

UTG+1 (t800)
MP1 (t800)
MP2 (t800)
CO (t800)
Button (t790)
ICP_Paul (t785)
BB (t800)
UTG (t2425)

Preflop: ICP_Paul is SB with 3d, 2d.
UTG calls t15, UTG+1 calls t15, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t15, CO calls t15, Button folds, ICP_Paul completes, BB checks.


Flop: (t90) Ad, 6d, Kd (6 players)

ICP_Paul bets t125
, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls t125, CO folds.


Turn: (t340) Ac (2 players)

ICP_Paul bets t125
, MP2 calls t125.


River: (t590) 5c (2 players)

ICP_Paul bets t125
, MP2 calls t125.


Final Pot: t840
Main Pot: t840 (t840), between MP2 and ICP_Paul. > Pot won by MP2 (t840).

Results:
ICP_Paul shows 3d 2d (flush, ace high).
MP2 shows Qd Td (flush, ace high).
Outcome: MP2 wins t840.

Goddamn limpers. Anywhere else I would have mucked this hand.. As it is, I was afraid of the rogue diamond somewhere else.. After all, 23d is pretty wimpy, but statistically how likely is it that two of us flop a flush? It was a good odds play, and when the turn and river were both not diamonds, I figured I was up against a pair or set. This guy slow-rolled me but good. That's what I get for being out of position! I scratched around for a little bit, but I could never really make a recovery from this and died in 6th.

$10+$1 - 4th - -$11

This was a classic game of no cards at all. I mean, literally, crap cards the entire show. I got something like ATo once, and I was out of position and facing a raise, so it was mucked. Finally got blinded away.

$10+$1 - 1st - +39

Well, again, third time is a charm. I figured I'd be a 3rd place finisher here, but I managed to catch a miracle straight with an A5o when the cards fell around my 5. Whatever, better to be lucky then good. The guy I was heads up with was lousy, so once we got rid of the third guy, it was just a matter of beating the other guy into submission. I could tell he was getting fed up with being pushed around by me, so he finally pushed from the button... Only to run into this:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (2 handed) converter

Button (t1880)
ICP_Paul (t6120)


Preflop: ICP_Paul is BB with Qc, Qh.

Button raises to t1880 (All-In)
, ICP_Paul calls t1380.


Flop: (t3760) 8d, Jc, 2s (2 players, 1 all-in)


Turn: (t3760) Kc (2 players, 1 all-in)


River: (t3760) 2c (2 players, 1 all-in)


Final Pot: t3760
Main Pot: t3760 (t3760), between Button and ICP_Paul. > Pot won by ICP_Paul (t3760).

Results:
Button shows Qd 9h (one pair, twos).
ICP_Paul shows Qc Qh (two pair, queens and twos).
Outcome: ICP_Paul wins t3760.

Oops. Been on the other side of that often enough to know that kind of pain.

So, now the Tournement Challenge bankroll has broken the $220 mark, so (gulp) it's off to the $20+$2 level for me. I have the buyin for one, if I lose, it's right back to the $10+$1 level, but you know, no guts, no air medal.

1 Comments:

At 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've got an online poker site covering winning strategies with some original articles related to poker money that your visitors may be interested in - here's a sample article:

Poker Books - Five of the Best for Big Poker Profits!
Poker is fun, exciting and appears deceptively simple; so many players just jump in, play, and promptly lose their bankroll. If you are new to poker ...

poker money


Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home