Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Spinning Wheels

This Challenge is, well, challenging. I'm stuck right at the precipice between $10+$1 and $20+$2, and it's frustrating that I can't get beyond it.

This is starting to become a grind.

Today has started out disasterously. I've gotten two hands that have played and neither of them held up. JJ runs into QQ, and TT gets smacked down by JJ. Poker is fun. I seem to always be behind by level 3 and it takes luck to get out of that hole. Luck I don't have lately. That, combined with the suddenly ultra-tight tables I've been running into, and I've been doing a lot of busting out in 6th - 4th. When you're the short stack and there's 4 left, everyone just waits for you to bleed to death. All-ins to stay alive works sometimes, but you only have to be wrong once.

Case in point for the tightness of the $10 tables... I've seen 6 hands go by that haven't even seen a flop! 4 folds to the big blind, and 2 folds to the raisers. WTF happened to the Party we all know and love? I'll be lucky to scratch a 5th place in this one unless I can get a hand that someone actually CALLS.

Well, okay.. that helped.. I had to shove with AQ and got called by Kx... Missed both of us, I scrape. Still living, but not in the best of shape for this rock garden.

Anyway, the last couple of days, I've been busy. I played 5 sit and goes and managed to scratch a $25 profit from them. Most of that was washed away with a pathetic showing in a $20+$2 multi table that I busted out early in, but I'm not counting that in the Challenge since it's outside the scope of it. Managed to make most of it back yesterday. I paid a visit back to the .50/1 tables and managed to cash in $15 to the good there on a decent run of cards.

Update. It's 100/200 blinds. There's 6 people left... Err..5, and I'm the stack baby again. Nevermind. I busted out. Blinds at 150/300. 750 left, BB, J8o. I get top pair, shove, called up by A5s. Flush hits. Seeyabye.

This is fun. Well, at least I'm going SOMEWHERE.

Anyway, I updated the score on the right. Took $50 out of the bankroll for a little project I'm working on. More on that later. Expect that, unless my luck changes, I'll be down to the $5+$1 level after today. Weeee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home