Monday, March 24, 2008

Annoyance

Well.. Didn't take long to start sliding.

I knew I was in trouble when I sat down at a $6.60 6 max NLHE sit and spin and was served up K5 3 times in the first 4 hands. I was dealt a parade of crap cards for pretty much the entire tournament and had a guy who clued in very quickly to that, so I was never in good shape. I managed to grapple my way to 3 way action (two spots pay), but I was in woeful chip position, with less then 700 chips. I make my way back to a survivable position, and come up with 88 on the button. I put out a decent raise and the SB re-raises. By this time I'm pretty pot committed, and I never play for 2nd place, so it was go time. I shove, he calls easily, having me covered 3 times over, and turns over KA suited.

I knew right away I was fucked and was already reaching for the "leave table" button when the King dropped on the flop. No help for the Klingon and I dance out on the bubble. Again.

So the bankroll is down to a tick over $40.. Well, $35 now.. Stupidly, I've sat down at a ring game, thinking by some miracle my cards might actually get better.

Silly me. My cards have worse aim then the A-Team. Once the roll gets to $25, I think I'm going to have to slide back to .25/.50.

And now that I've just gotten my top pair eaten by a set, I think I'm gonna make that move right now.

So, The ICP is officially in damage control mode.. Stay tuned. She's definitely going down by the head, but we might yet save the ship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home