Monday, January 09, 2006

The Eyes Have It

"There's going to be a little pressure, but this won't hurt" - My Lasik Doctor before putting the microkaratome on my eye.

Well, it's done. And for all the horror stories I've seen of Lasik, mine was pretty straight forward. One day after surgery I had 20/15 in both eyes. The procedure was not without some side effect though.. I have mildly dry eyes (normal and goes away) and my right eye is effected such that it's like I'm looking into a fog. This has also gotten better in the last day, and I'm told that it will go away as my eye heals. Strangely, this phenomena isn't occuring with my left eye with near the sevarity of my right, but I can see well enough to drive at night.

It's pretty bizzare to think what I just subjected my eyes too, and even more wild to think that, after all of that, I can see with amazing acuity.

Now if this right eye would just clear up!

No poker since last post.. It would be a strain to stare at a screen for the length of time I'd play.

3 Comments:

At 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog and I wish I could have come across it sooner. I have the same job you had up in Wisconsin but for the parent company. I can understand why you left the industry especially with what was going on at AW. It's good that you were able to get back to the Chicago area though. In my mind hell must be similar to living in Wisconsin. Except for cheeseheads that is.

Mark

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger The ICP said...

Mark,

Ha! Indeed, except that it's WAY to cold for Wisconsin to be Hell.. More like Pergatory. Ya know, Wisconsin wasn't all that bad, but I ain't from 'round there, so I never really felt like I belonged there.

Paul

 
At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't be thankful enough for the succes of your operation. I know it was a very sensitive one but you are here, got a blog, and that's enough! It's so good to be alive with sight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home