Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Oh The Weather Outside Is Frightful....

Okay, so Christmas was fun in a sleep deprived, run into the ground sort of way. For those who don't know, I work midnights at the moment, and of course, no one else I know does... This is normally not a huge problem, but when it comes to the holidays this becomes an issue. Now if I were a bachelor I'd be home free. My family is spread all over the country, so we don't get together for Christmas, but my wife's family seems to want to get together 9 times in 7 days, and of course I have to go to every single fooking event. Sleep? I guess I'll sleep when I'm dead, which will be soon at this rate. I fully fell asleep behind the wheel on the way home yesterday. Only for a second, but imagine my discontent to find me closing rapidly on the car in front of me and not being able to recall where the hell that car came from! I think the short term solution to this is to catch a 15 or 30 minute nap in the quiet room at work before hitting the road.. At least it gives me enough boost to get home without nodding off.

Oh well.. I'm off them in April.. Just have to survive until then...

As for poker, I have for the moment laid off the tournaments. They were interesting, but I've sort of burned out on them for now. Instead I've taken to grinding the .50/1 tables at PokerStars. I rather like the interface of PokerStars better, but I need to get around to changing the "hey, bud, it's your turn" sound they have.. It's probably one of the most annoying sounds known to man.

Getting Lasik done tomorrow, so I'm probably going to not be playing any poker for a few days while I wait for my eyes to adjust.

1 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After initially disagreeing with you, I might have to change my mind. The $10+1 players at Party actually do seem to make really bad plays. How high do you have to go until you get "good poker"? Not sure, but it's apparently much more than I'm willing to wager.

I've had pretty good luck with the $5+1 STT's and the $1 and $2 multi's, so I'll probably stay at that level most of the time. It's cheap. It's fun. You just have to accept that occasionally, some idiot will call your AA-all-in-pre-flop-bet with 7-9 and he will win. Ok, I'm bitter because that happened to me last night. lol (I need my own blog)

Thanks for putting the A back in tournament!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home