Saturday, September 18, 2004

Same As It EVER Was...

Well, the slide has turned into a plateau. Or I've hit bottom. Either way, I'm not necessarily losing money anymore, though I most decidedly am not making any either.

Well.. Not entirely true. I did lose about $3 today. But I won about $3 yesterday. Yesterday sucked. I played 2 tables of 50/1 and one 1/2 table. I kicked serious amounts of ass on the 50/1 tables, ending up doubled through on one and up $5 or so on the other. The 1/2 table was another story. After raking an early monster I treaded water until the last 10 minutes, where I lost 3 premium hands in a row. That turned a $35 at least win into a break even day.

Being stuck in the mud like this is infinately frustrating, and playing for hours and not getting anywhere has me antsy to move on to something else for a while. I poked around in a $25 no limit table for a little bit, but only came away a buck or so up. I actually rather enjoyed playing at the no limit table. It was refreashing to actually see people respect bets and raises, but by and large the play was still bad enough where I could exploit people's mistakes for profit.

But perhaps the most important aspect, I was actually enjoying myself. For the first time in a long time I was having fun playing! It wasn't so much of a grind, and it wasn't as frustrating to have a pair of Queens, see a King hit the board, and have to assume I'm beat.

I toyed with heading back to the $1/$2 short handed tables too, since history shows me as a consistant winner at those tables, but with only around $415 in the bankroll, I'm still a little thin to make that move.

None the less, I think for the sake of sanity I need to move off the grind for a little bit. I still haven't decided whether I'm going to play more no limit or poke my head back into the short handed tables. Any input and opinion is always welcomed!

4 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger hdouble said...

Googling around, I found somewhere you had posted a went to showdown %. It struck me as being too high, but I think that was a long time ago. Check it out though, if your WSD% is over 35%, you might want to do a bit of deeper analysis. Either you're getting rivered a lot, or calling people down too much.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger The ICP said...

Well.. It SEEMS like I'm getting rivered a lot, but that could just be perception. I'll check on the WSD% number tomorrow and report back.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger The ICP said...

I went to showdown about 25% of the time, winning roughly 55% of the time. It seems I'm in line with where I was last month, its just that I'm losing some monsters, and that's making the difference, I believe. Since I've stepped up the aggression, the pots are bigger, so losing them hurts more. More research in needed to see if I'm raising too many hands pre-flop. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm calling too many flops also.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger hdouble said...

25% is pretty tight, I'm at about 33%. Tight aggressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home