Sunday, November 21, 2004

Rebirth

It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything.


So another month passes by and not a peep from me on the ICP. I do most thoroughly suck. It's not that things aren't happening, it's just that I've been busy dealing with the things that have been happening.

The business venture I mentioned earlier is still alive... Well, dormant, but alive. I've reached the point where I need to raise capital, and my potential investors are dragging their feet, so I'm probably going to have to think about funding this little venture myself... Not impossible, but it will severely delay the start of business.

Perhaps the biggest buzz kill of this month though is United has decided to arbitrarily place all of the work my company provides to the company up for bid. Nevermind that we just went though this shit a year ago and had a contract with the company. Thanks to the wonders of the Bankruptcy court, they can simply ball up our contract and toss it in the fire. WE, of course, are offered no such freedom since we, you know, have a contract. The legal system is broken. Anyway, we pretty much will know in 45 days whether or not I still have a job. If it turns out we get shoved out the door, I'm pretty much well and truly fucked, but since there's precisely dick I can do about it at the moment, I'm choosing to bury my head in the sand and hope it all works out.

But, this is the Intrepid Card Player, not the Intrepid whiner, so onto information you'd care about. I got an email from Lucy Jones (anyone who plays at Party knows her well) telling me about a free $50 in my account. I have to play 500 hands by the 28th to make it mine, so I have to get to it, since I'm going to be out of town for Thanksgiving. I really don't want to multi-table just yet, but with 500 hands to complete in limited time, I may well have to just to meet the deadline. Also handed down was a freeroll on the Aussie Million sit and go. I'd really rather I just got the money equivalent of that in my bonus account, but what the heck, when you've got nothing you've got nothing left to lose, so I'll take the shot at that and see what happens here in the next few days.

I'm kind of stoked about getting back into the game, but some of that excitement might just be the possibility that I can pull off the same stunt I pulled the last time I plunked down $50 into Party. I think several months off should be good enough to break the hideous streak I was on, so here's hoping my skills are still at least semi-intact... Of course, the 50/1 level is sort of a crapshoot, so I have about an even chance of doubling or busting before the 500 hands are through. No comment on the freeroll, but I don't have my hopes set too high on that one.

Always hard to argue with free money, though. The ICP is back.... Hopefully for more then a weekend.

2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Woo Hoo! He's Back!

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have an online poker site with some original articles related to multiplayer poker that your blog readers may find interesting - here's a sample article:

Poker Money Management - Don't Make These Two Common Mistakes!
Here we will give you some general guidelines on poker money management and the two most common errors that players make, that increase the odds of ...

multiplayer poker


Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home