Saturday, March 06, 2004

I Hab A Code

The head cold. God's way of reminding you not to bitch about how you feel when you don't have a head cold. The simplest tasks seem to take overwhelming effort when your body is busy in full scale warfare with whatever friggin virus is floating around in you. I saw a documentary a few years ago talking about the life cycle of the flu. It was pretty brutal. Let me just say that I'm happy to be the whole of the parts rather then part of the whole. Being a cell sucks.

The operation was as bad as I feared earlier, but I'm still going to be here for about 12 hours. I'm so completely happy to be screwed twice by the same person and not even being offered a cigarette. This is the thanks I get for being a nice guy. Some people really piss me off.

I guess I need to get on the ball and fund an account at TruePoker so I can play in Wednesday's WBT event. I have played almost zero tournament poker in the last 2 months, so my NL tourney action will be a little rusty, but what the heck. It'll be a blast just to play along side some of my fellow wordsmiths. I imagine that by Wednesday this cold will have turned into some infection from Hell and I'll be playing poker in a medicated haze with my luck.

On the other hand:

Interview + Nasty Head Cold = Job

At least, from a statistical standpoint. I shit you not, without fail this is how it works out. It's strange.

Speaking of strange, I wonder if Wil Wheaton reads this blog. Not that Wil is strange... Just strange that I had that thought.

Has anyone else noticed that there are no washrooms on the starship Enterprise?

And, believe it or not, I'm not even taking any cold medication yet. Wait till I'm all gooped up on gop. I'll start talking about Elvis sightings and stuff.

I read the quote Iggy put up from Felicia Lee about websites that sort of trail off into space. I certainly am guilty of a few of and am witness to one or two others. Here's my take on this. I'm under no obligation to entertain, educate, amuse or placate anyone and am under no deadline to do such. I write because I enjoy doing it, and, hopefully you enjoy reading it. The response tab at the bottom of these messages are there for you to tell me to get bent reply to my posts. In any event, I write because I love to write. I sort of pidgeon-holed myself with this blog into writing only about Poker and all things poker, and I have resisted the urge to post rants that have nothing to do with poker. I sometimes wonder if the occasional non-poker post would be something my four and a half three quarter readers would like to see. Anyway, I write for me, and you are the victims benefactors. As Ozzy would say, "I love you all, people".

Some of you will notice that I have done some housekeeping on the links. They're better, faster, stronger. I will refrain from putting links from every blog I see that is remotely related to poker since that would become unmanageable. If you're missing off the list and you'd like to be a part of it, please say something. If you're on the list but you don't want to be associated with the likes of me, pound sand.

So, when do you think the bands of angry housewives will begin marching in front of the Supreme Court building with "Free Martha" signs?

I'm doing everything I can not to just explode into 32,767 pages of text on this whole "gay marriage" issue. My issue isn't the issue, it's the issue everyone is making of the issue. Any time I want to be worked into a lather on something I head over to VeganPoker's website to see what he's spouting off about. Sure enough, he's weighed in on the whole gay marriage thing, but I promise you I won't blow my stack on this unless I have permission from you. Needless to say, I think the only thing I'm really vehemently against is activists. Not because they're exercising their first amendment rights, but that they feel that they have to exercise their First Amendment rights such that there is no possible way for me to not be forced to notice them.

Here's a mini rant for you, just because I don't give a crap care. Vegans. I know you're all into this "meat is murder" thing, and I respect that, but if the agenda is to shun completely any and all support for the slaughter of animals for food, I have some bad news for you. Unless you live on a farm, it's very likely that most if not all of what you eat was bought from a store, ergo the product you bought from the store was grown or manufactured by someone. Let's simplify this by saying you bought something soy based (I think you can make anything from the soybean). This soybean was grown on a farm, which I would imagine was tended to by a or many farmers, and your purchase of soyburgers puts money in that farmer's pockets. Here's where the trouble starts. That farmer takes that money and probably feeds his family with it, but he's no fool. He knows that the nutritional value of a soybean sucks ass, and he doesn't subscribe to the same beliefs you do, so he's stocked his refrigerator with all manners of eggs, milk, beef, pork, cheese, you name it. Guess what... Your dollar just contributed to the very thing you're seeking to prevent!

Ooops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home