Thursday, March 04, 2004

Time Ain't On My Side

In a wholly unamusing twist, the scheduling Godz at work saw fit to screw up my days off schedule for the next few weeks. See, I usually work a 4 on 3 off schedule. This is great, especially now that I most decidedly have a ton of shit to do on those days off. HAI-EVAH, seems that, since our company couldn't see the train coming down the tracks 4 months ago and start hiring dispatchers, we're now short people. Imagine that. Anyway, Fun with Junior Manning has started with a fervor, and now I have a fuggin' morning shift stuck right in the middle of my 3 days off. Now I work 4 on, 1 off, 1 on, 1 off, 4 on. Craptastic. And, of course, it's not easy to shift gears and start that middle overtime day at 3:30am. Guess I could use the money, though, especially if I'm facing down a move to the Southwest.

Speaking of money, and time for that matter, I was simply en fuego last night at the tables... Trouble is, I really had to play in short spurts. My table selection the second session though was incredible.

I played 3 .50/1 tables both times, and on the second round, I managed to sit down at 2 tables with bona-fide maniacs on them. And I was getting cards.

Total take for the day: +$38.25. 20BB/100 hands.

Here's an interesting statistic about micro limit poker on Party. I played 194 hands yesterday. 192 of them saw the flop. There's no possibility of ever raising everyone out pre-flop, no matter how aggressive you are. Lesson here, only raise when you have the best of it, because you WILL be seeing a flop.

I imagine some of you have noticed that the links to the right are the same links I've had there months ago. Some have moved, some have moved on, and in either event, they're woefully out of date and missing some excellent blogs. I'm surprised I haven't taken more crap for it, actually. I'll get to fixing it. In the mean time, please feel free to visit my boy HDouble and his comprehensive list of blogs. Please be advised that this list will be shamelessly plagiarized in the next few days.

Please welcome the Internet Poker Grinder to the, ummm, grind.

Ooof.

Anyway, welcome to the group! Please make your font bigger. My brain almost exploded trying to read the itty-bitty font, and I've got youthful eyes! If The Fat Guy tried that, he'd injure himself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home