Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Back In The Saddle

Well, after a nice, refreshing 3 weeks of not having to worry about pretty much anything, it's back to the grind, in more ways then one. Today is the first day back at work since the middle of last month. Strangely enough, I'm looking forward to getting back into the groove. I never really realized how burned out I was until I took this time off. Now that I've gotten my perspective back, I have come to realize how much I really do enjoy my work. It'll be good to get back into the swing of things.

I have, of course, also gotten back to playing some cards. After a good while off I have come to rediscover what it is about poker I enjoy too, though I do wish I could have played some cards in Florida. Alas, it didn't happen and it seems like, at least for the immediate future, there'll be no cards in Wisconsin, so if I want to get to a live table, my best bet is to head to Vegas. Since I work in the travel industry, that's not entirely out of the question, but air travel for standby passengers has gotten much more, ummm, interesting in the last few months, what with load factors firmly above the 90% mark. It was by sheer luck that my wife and I didn't get stranded in Washington D.C. on the 2nd trying to get back to Chicago. As it was, I couldn't get from Tampa direct to Chicago, so we had to go to Washington, and at that I had to ride in the cockpit as there weren't enough seats in back. I did manage a seat in back on the way from Dullas to Chicago, but given the guy I had to sit next to, I think I'd have rather been in the cockpit for that one also... Certainly anything is more comfortable then trying to fit both of our arms in the same little plot of space. I can't complain too much though, I guess. It got me back home.

So, Hurry up and get to Vegas so I can hang with someone, Grub!

I also need to get back to reading the blogs. I haven't been paying much attention in the last month as it's been completely insane around here. At that, the folks at work have apparently beefed up the Net Nanny, as I now can't get to half the friggin blogs. If any of you gurus have some ideas on how to circumvent this little problem, I'm all ears. I'm thinking a web based RSS reader might be a good thing, but I could use some direction on a decent one.

Thanks for reading, and sticking around during the thin posting time around here. It'll be back to business as usual here in the next few days, I promise.

Oh, and this just in. Ronald Reagan is still dead.

5 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.usflag.org/nff.half.staff.html


When a sitting or former president dies, the flag is lowered for 30 days. That's why it's still down.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger James said...

I like www.bloglines.com. I think www.blogrolling.com provides a similar service, but I haven't really checked it out. I guess either site could be blocked at the workplace.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloglines. 'Nuff said.

Chris H.

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ronald Reagan died June 5th.. Its been more than 30 days.. Raise the damned flags and get on with life.. Personally I am sick of hearing about him..

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The US Flag is NOT lowered it is reaised.
One lowers the US flag all the way down the staff until it can be touched and then raise it to half staff.PL# 344

Sgt. Maj. David Baillie (ret)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home