Sunday, March 07, 2004

Thick As A Brick

A great song. Also how my head feels right now.

In case I didn't make it clear in my previous post, head colds suck ass. This one isn't that bad... yet. I'll get an hour or two where my head feels like it's going to explode, then the drugs kick in and I dry up quite nicely. Then, 4 hours later, I swell up again and have to take another round. I've also been sucking down enough zinc to shit nickels, so let's hope that combination will lead to a short and relatively painless head cold experience.

Of course, in typical work style, I have to be at work on Tuesday at 3:30am. If I wake up tomorrow and feel like I do now, I'm calling in sick. They can pack sand. I do need the money, but perhaps I can compensate for the lost pay by playing some poker... Though I'll need to win around $200 to call it an even trade. Methinks I'd need to move to 1/2 to do that. Hmmmm....

Well, yesterday I lost about $2.75 playing around 300 hands of .50/1. Today I played around 300 hands again and won $2.75. Imagine that. The bankroll is just a tick over $400 again, so the recovery is going well. I'm toying with heading to the 1/2 tables again. No guts no air medal. I'll make my stop-loss $300. If I get spanked down to $300 it's back to the 50/1 tables for me. I still haven't decided what a good amount is to move up to 2/4. 200BB would be $800, and 300 BB would be $1200. I guess I'll have to see what the progress looks like and take an occasional feel in the 2/4 games to see what's different about them before I dive in. I'm not in a "hurry" to get to the higher levels, but it seems that the 3/6 game is a good earn/risk level for me and now is the time to be sitting in those games, what with the influx of new blood into Party. To comfortably sit that game I figure I'll need around $1600 to $1800 in the bankroll (correct me if I'm wrong).

In the spirit of "not focusing on short term results" I'll post up my MTD and YTD results. I haven't decided yet if I want to do that in the posts or on the sidebar to the right. Waddaya think? I'd do it now, but shock of shocks, I'm at work. Tomorrow is a day off. Abbreviated by needing to be in bed before most people sit down to dinner, but a day off none-the-less.

I'll also be taking a look at TruePoker and try to fund an account there. Hopefully they'll accept Firepay or something, or I'm fooked. BTW, what's the buyin for the second round of the World Blogger Tournement?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home